IT Operations - System Engineer
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
We are Klarnas' Core
Our mission is to protect, provide for, and progress the software and systems behind all of Klarna services. Two of the teams within that core are Live Operations and Core Platform. In order to adapt to the growth of the organisation and the services provided by Klarna we are growing those teams.
Get in touch with us if you would enjoy
- Automating repetitive and monotonous, boring tasks
- Measuring everything a system does or doesn't do
- Working with a range of monitoring and logging tools including DataDog, Splunk, New Relic, Apica or similar
- Monitoring the health of mission critical production systems at Klarna
- Responding to alerts and handling incidents of differing severities
- Working with development teams in an advisory capacity to resolve these incidents and prevent future occurrences
- Digging into Linux based operating systems
- We use on-call duty today and are looking into the possibility of working in shifts in the future
- A learning and development centric environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regularly sponsored tech talks.
- International English speaking office in central Stockholm with people from 42 different countries working here - https://lifeatklarna.com/2016/08/01/the-klarna-house/ .
- 30 days annual leave with the ability to take 4 weeks consecutive leave.
- Generous occupational pension and insurance plans.
- A competitive salary.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Breakfast every morning.
- Freedom in choice of Macbook or PC and iPhone or Android.
Find out more about us here https://lifeatklarna.com/.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.