Klarna Engineering Graduate Program
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Software Development is no exception! We are currently looking for 10 new graduates to be part of the first one year trainee program, starting on the 26th of August 2019.
What you will do
Klarna’s software engineers develop the next-generation products that change how our consumers and merchants interact with each other. Our products handle our customers money and information at massive scale, and extend well beyond online payments. We need our engineers to understand our customers, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Software Engineer at Klarna you will:
- Work on a specific problem space critical to Klarna’s current needs with opportunities to switch teams as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve
- Get technical training during the entire year, so you understand the Klarna technical ecosystem
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve, you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it!
- Share your knowledge and help the team evolve best practices
- Work in small autonomous teams with short release cycles
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Strong development ability in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Strong problem solving ability
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
How to apply
Send over a CV, cover letter in English and grades until 15th of May.
We will provide visa assistance if needed when you are offered a position. However, we don't assist with relocation and remote work is not an option for this program.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.