Senior Software Engineer - Java
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Software Development is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Software Engineering teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for developing next-generation products that improve our consumers and merchants experiences.
Klarna’s software engineers develop the next-generation products that change how our consumers and merchants interact with each other. Our products handle our customer's money and information at massive scale and extend well beyond online payments. We need our engineers to understand our customers, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
What you will do
- Work on a specific problem space, critical to Klarna’s current needs with opportunities to switch teams as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design, and mobile development
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides the opportunity to work with your areas of interest
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scale with design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve, you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it!
- Share your knowledge and help the team evolve best practicesWork in small autonomous teams with short release cycles
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce the best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent
You should have
- Extensive software development experience one or more general-purpose programming languages
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.