Working Student Finance
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Where you can make a difference
The finance function in the DACH region is formed of an accounting stream and an analytical stream that are working together to bring the function out of the dark ages of the copy-paste and become a true digital finance function. Accounting experts are looking at all things finance and controlling, and analysts are looking at how to automate and improve it all. Depending on your skillset, you can lean towards one or the other pool and can benefit from learning and gaining experience in both areas.
Areas of work:
- A variety of accounting tasks (e.g. invoice flows, reconciliations) that you would ideally be looking to solve through a more pragmatic analytical approach, as opposed to a manual review
- Support in process implementations
- Work on project-based analyses and presentations
- Other areas of work to be assigned depending on your strengths areas
What we are looking for:
- You are currently working towards a university degree in a quantitative field, such as Business Administration/Intelligence, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar.
- Excellent numerical comprehension and attention to detail
- You have a curiosity to innovate, simplify processes and practices
- Comfortable working in English, German language is a plus (B1.2 and up)
- Experienced in working with MS Office and have excellent knowledge in excel.
- We are looking for 1 person in Munich and 1 person in Berlin, Germany
Please send your application in English. Please note that we do not provide relocation support for this position.