Working Student Finance
Munich, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Where you can make a difference
The finance function in the DACH region is formed of an accounting stream and an analytical stream that are working together to bring the function out of the dark ages of the copy-paste and become a true digital finance function. Accounting experts are looking at all things finance and controlling, and analysts are looking at how to automate and improve it all. Depending on your skillset, you can lean towards one or the other pool and can benefit from learning and gaining experience in both areas.
Areas of work:
- A variety of accounting tasks (e.g. invoice flows, reconciliations) that you would ideally be looking to solve through a more pragmatic analytical approach, as opposed to a manual review
- Support in process implementations
- Work on project-based analyses and presentations
- Other areas of work to be assigned depending on your strengths areas
What we are looking for:
- You are currently working towards a university degree in a quantitative field, such as Business Administration/Intelligence, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or similar.
- Excellent numerical comprehension and attention to detail
- You have a curiosity to innovate, simplify processes and practices
- Comfortable working in English, German language is a plus (B1.2 and up)
- Experienced in working with MS Office and have excellent knowledge in excel.
- We are looking for 1 person in Munich and 1 person in Berlin, Germany
Please send your application in English. Please note that we do not provide relocation support for this position.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.