Senior/Lead iOS Engineer
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna’s growth is now on a global scale and Engineering is the organization that will make this global success happen. Our business is represented in Engineering domains where products are built from end to end. We have small agile teams and pride ourselves on an autonomous and knowledge sharing culture where teams own the systems they build; from design to deployment.
Germany has recently become our number one market and after forming our new Berlin location in early 2018 we’re continuing to spin up many new greenfield teams.
We're now looking to hire a talented iOS engineer at either senior or lead level to join a brand new team within our AI automation domain. Working alongside Android and React Native specialists you’ll be building a mobile SDK which will help the shopping app team to better analyse the content and place things in shopping carts, whilst going through the checkout process.
Who you are
- Klarna look for ambitious engineers with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
- You deliver high quality apps from designing and iterating new features into production in a short sprint cycle
- You are writing unit and integration tests
- You are working closely together with other engineering disciplines (backend and mobile/web frontend) and a cross-functional team of product owners, designers and analysts
You should have
- Extensive experience in iOS app Development.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services.
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Objective-C or Swift. This includes unit-tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with package managers and library development is a plus.
- Experience with Unit and UI testing is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- 30 days of annual leave every year
- Generous occupational pension
- Flexible work schedule
- Fitness and Lunch contributions
- Regular team socials
- International working environment in central Berlin
- Learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training and regular internal technical talks
- Relocation and visa support
We value open source, here’s some of our work - https://github.com/klarna
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.