Security Engineer - Application Security
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
What you will do
Engineering is rapidly growing and the Application Security team is looking for a new teammate to join us in our quest to supply engineering teams with the capabilities to develop secure products. If your background is in software engineering and you want to lean into architecting you will get a lot of opportunities to work with engineering teams to provide input and hands-on code development to address the application security aspects when building online web services.
Your responsibilities will be in supplying engineering teams with capabilities in finding, preventing and fixing web application security bugs and flaws during product development by activities such as:
- Provide engineering teams hands-on resource addressing product security issues
- Provide engineering teams means to identify and quantify security flaws early in the product development process
- Provide tooling that supports engineering teams in writing secure code
- Provide training in secure development practices
Who you are
- You’re working with software development and enjoy finding and fixing security bugs
- You are an effective communicator who engages well with your audience
- You’re pragmatic and likes to use metrics to prove value
- Working as a team is part of your DNA; we respect and support each other
You should have
- Experience in providing practical solutions that enable development teams to meet business goals while controlling security risk
- Previous experience developing and delivering security software as a service or tool
- Experience in securing a micro-service architecture
At Klarna the pace is high and we need to quickly adapt to changes, some say it’s like working in the future when you compare us to other companies. Apply now if you want to join us in the journey to become the World’s favourite way to pay.
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look.Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.