Security Engineer - Application Security
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
What you will do
Engineering is rapidly growing and the Application Security team is looking for a new teammate to join us in our quest to supply engineering teams with the capabilities to develop secure products. If your background is in software engineering and you want to lean into architecting you will get a lot of opportunities to work with engineering teams to provide input and hands-on code development to address the application security aspects when building online web services.
Your responsibilities will be in supplying engineering teams with capabilities in finding, preventing and fixing web application security bugs and flaws during product development by activities such as:
- Provide engineering teams hands-on resource addressing product security issues
- Provide engineering teams means to identify and quantify security flaws early in the product development process
- Provide tooling that supports engineering teams in writing secure code
- Provide training in secure development practices
Who you are
- You’re working with software development and enjoy finding and fixing security bugs
- You are an effective communicator who engages well with your audience
- You’re pragmatic and likes to use metrics to prove value
- Working as a team is part of your DNA; we respect and support each other
You should have
- Experience in providing practical solutions that enable development teams to meet business goals while controlling security risk
- Previous experience developing and delivering security software as a service or tool
- Experience in securing a micro-service architecture
At Klarna the pace is high and we need to quickly adapt to changes, some say it’s like working in the future when you compare us to other companies. Apply now if you want to join us in the journey to become the World’s favourite way to pay.
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look.Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.