Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for complex problem solving and data driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
Analytics is at the heart of Klarna’s success. An analyst at Klarna provides analytical and business expertise to ensure that we deliver value to customers, Klarna and our investors. You will be acting as a bridge between the models, operations, products and business decisions and expected to know how to build strategies by connecting them. Think of an analyst at Klarna as a "Swiss army knife".
Klarna is a data driven company where decisions are based on facts and not opinions. Analytics is integrated in the organisation and a key function in many different areas - some examples include credit risk, finance, fraud, HR, product development and sales. Even if Analytics is applied in many different areas there are some things that all analysts have in common: a strong drive combined with analytical skills and a great team spirit!
As your career develops you will develop expertise in certain areas. However, there are a number of core skills shared by all analysts at Klarna. Klarnauts in the Analytics Competence have the ability to apply the following approach:
- Create structure in disordered information/data
- Manipulate and explore data
- Analyse problems to understand their root cause
- Design and implement strategies in a rapidly evolving industry
- Generate insights and recommendations
- Communicate insights and recommendations
You should have
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering or Business)
- Applicable work experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Significant drive and ambition
- Strong conceptual ability
- Preferably an understanding for how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…)
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.