Senior Bank Treasury Operations Specialist
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna’s Treasury is responsible for providing Klarna with the right amount of funding and capital to grow at light speed at the same time as managing the liquidity and financial risks. To manage liquidity and financial risk we carry out daily transactions in the FX and fixed income market. We are also issuing bonds and commercial papers. We are now taking off to the next level adding more advanced financial instruments. We need you to enhance and develop our Cash Management function.
Cash management is an instrumental part of the daily operations of Klarna’s Treasury function. We aim to efficiently distribute Klarna’s funding, control cash flows, and enable efficient banking infrastructure. We provide innovative, reliable, and high quality cash management that enables a Smoooth accomplishment of Klarna’s business goals whilst optimising banking cost from a balance sheet and P&L perspective.
What will you do
- You will lead the development of our cash management strategy with the goal to create an appropriate and cost effective set up of external banks and central banks for our needs when we grow into new markets. You will also improve all operational processes around this function. The cash management activities are focused on making sure that Klarna’s liquidity outflow is covered in a cost efficient way and a timely manner, as well as managing exposure risk. You will be a key stakeholder in driving the strategy and liaising with all external and internal banking partners.
- This is done by analyzing current balances, future outflows and inflows as well as maintaining an efficient and optimal banking structure. The aim is to create a centralized, future proof and reliable Cash Management function within the Treasury domain.
At Treasury you will work with
- Partner with stakeholders to develop ways to automate the operational processes through enhancing treasury workstation programs and integrating with other internal financial systems to streamline the reporting process.
- Ensure adequate liquidity across all entities by monitoring daily cash balances and making decisions for all funding requirements taking into consideration all possible flows.
- Own the management of the banking exposures on a daily basis and develop controls in place to not exceed Board and team’s limits.
- Coordinate with other Klarna domains all the Intercompany cash transfers and settlements.
- Liaising with several stakeholders across the CFO Domains to execute the cash management strategy for the Group’s funding requirements.
- Ensure all treasury processes and related internal controls are operating effectively.
- Support the execution of the daily cash management process.
- Support Klarna’s banking relationships in addressing cash and bank account-related queries generated from both the bank as well as internal parties.
- Be a key stakeholder in all the banking relationships.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should enjoy a dynamic and international working environment
- You have strong attention to detail while not forgetting the overall strategy
- Humble and easy going personality that thrives in an open environment
- You love to be a part of a dedicated team and open to new ideas
- You strive to find what is best for Klarna
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent
You should have
- Have a university degree within engineering, economics or finance and have a strong interest in the financial markets and how they work.
- Applicable 6+ years- work experience from working with Cash Management/Treasury Operations at a regulated bank.
- Demonstrate experience in automating cash management/operational processes.
- Previously worked with Central Bank integrations.
- Exhibit knowledge in cash management and other treasury management systems (SAP-S4Hana and Quantum preferable)
- Demonstrate experience in project management and implementation of new systems.
- Previous experience with developing procedures and strategies to optimize the cash management function of the company.
Apply with resumé or CV in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.