Columbus, United States /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent
What You'll Do
- Take responsibility for accounting and reporting of relevant business transactions
- Reconcile G/L systems to the underlying sources and develop methods and tools to provide analytical insight
- Contribute to the financial reporting process (monthly, quarterly, yearly), both on local GAAP level as well as in IFRS for the group
- Lead, support and manage the accounting team while driving efficiency
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate all audit/review/tax preparation activity
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- CPA designation is preferred
- Strong ERP and consolidation systems experience a plus
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google suite.
- Applicable work experience in a high-pace environment and willingness to have a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge in assessing, developing and implementing internal controls
- Proven experience building, developing, mentoring and inspiring a high performing professional accounting team
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.