Engineering Manager - PHP
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative and cross functional Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. We optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of our engineering teams and looking for Engineering Managers who will lead a high performing team and drive alignment of their technical direction. As an Engineering Manager at Klarna, your team could be focused on our core checkout product, payment services, customer purchase experience or fraud prevention, to name a few.
What you'll get to do
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a high performing software engineering team consisting of 3-8 team members
- Successfully manage and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- You’ll continue to work closely with the code and make informed decisions while you identify technical risks
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with your team!
- Play a key role in helping us continue to attract, develop and retain great engineering talent
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams and delivering new products, preferably in complex and high transaction environments
- Demonstrable experience at acting independently, coupled with strong collaboration and coordination skills
- A desire to spend a significant percentage of your time close to the code
- Experience in developing, mentoring, and growing a team
- Recent experience working with one or more general-purpose programming languages including, but not limited to, PHP
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Working proficiency in English
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with
- PHP (latest versions)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elastic search
- Microservices architecture on AWS
- Magento eCommerce Platform
We value open source, here’s some of our work - https://github.com/klarna
What we can offer you
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 100+ different countries in our brand new English speaking offices in Berlin city center.
- Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognize that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
- Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.