Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel- AML Legal Advisory
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Do you want to be part of an international, growing team, working for a Bank that wants to revolutionize the financial industry?
Klarna Bank AB (“Klarna”) is looking for a new member to further strengthen the AML Legal Advisory Team in London.
Qualified lawyer / Degree of Master of Laws and relevant AML working experience within the financial sector or at a law firm, and most importantly; you should be passionate about this field of law. Experience within FinTech-companies is also considered qualifying. Furthermore, you need to have excellent English language skills.
You will be supporting Klarna’s first line of defense and working integrated with a fast moving international legal team so it is important to have the ability to prioritize and be comfortable with working independently but also with a team. You should have integrity, be ambitious, and it is also important that you are an excellent communicator and action oriented.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support relevant teams, such as product development, within Klarna in their day to day business
- Being the lead legal AML advisor in the United Kingdom
- Investigating legal concepts regarding AML/CTF/Sanctions
- Providing legal guidance notes regarding AML/CTF/Sanctions
- Taking part in development projects for new products and services
- Creation of guidelines, policies, procedures and instructions within the AML field
- Future legal development, e.g. 5th AML Directive
- Monitoring, interpreting and implementing new and modified regulation, legislation, and industry guidance
- To advise and educate throughout Klarna by providing information and training to your colleagues
- Supporting with external and internal AML and MLRO reporting (e.g. to relevant regulators and the board)
- Working with the Money Laundering Reporting Officers across the Group
Please send in your application in English.