Service Specialist (Merchant Risk Investigation)
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Merchant Risk Investigation is the operational team specialised in assessment of merchant related risk. The team is divided into two processes - underwriting and monitoring. Underwriting is doing review and decisions of new merchants, with primary focus on regulatory compliance. The monitoring process monitors the merchant portfolio, and acts on alarms and deviant merchant behaviour, with the aim to keep losses at desired levels. We are first line of defense for detecting abnormal merchants, and we are striving to become the best at merchant risk. Merchant Risk Investigation is part of Inscourced Operation Services, which acts as an internal insourcing department.
What you will be doing:
- Review and make decisions on merchant applications.
- Act on alarms and deviant merchant behaviour, such as detecting merchant fraud attempts, bankruptcies, operational issues and other potential cost drivers.
- Make decisions and suggest solutions for merchant related issues and potential loss drivers.
- Ensure regulatory compliance, such as control of compliance with AML/KYC, website reviews and credit assessment.
- Review and investigate merchant’s business to make sure it is compliant with the ethical guidelines and the 3rd party requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Commercial by supporting to make the best deals and to detect possible cost drivers for our merchants.
- Act as a go-to person and support in-house for merchant risk related questions.
You should get in touch with us if you:
- Enjoy making decisions.
- Never take things at face value, and always look at things from multiple angles to detect potential issues.
- Always put great emphasis on details and quality, and likes working with administrative tasks.
- Are self-driven and a natural problem solver with a critical mindset.
In order to be successful in this role we believe that you will have:
- Great communication skills in English, written and spoken.
- Strong ability to take on a holistic perspective and a common sense.
- A business oriented mindset with attention to details.
- An accurate and organised way of working, and ability to work in a fast paced environment.