Analytics Manager - Merchant Success
Los Angeles, United States /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
The Analytics team:
Analytics is integrated in every layer of the organization and we see business analytics as a key function wherever we are deployed – some examples include marketing, credit risk, finance, fraud, organizational development, product development, and sales.
We act as a bridge between the data models, organization, products, and business decisions. We build strategies by connecting them. Think of an analyst at Klarna as a “Swiss army knife.” We see analytics as the heart of Klarna’s success and are dedicated to moving the company forward with things all analysts have in common: a strong drive, curiosity, expert analytical skills, and a great team spirit.
As an Analyst on the Merchant Success team, you’ll seek to understand and improve the team’s portfolio P&L and underlying performance. You will be involved early in the sales process by helping the team understand the market returns and suggesting where to focus from a profitability perspective. Other areas of ownership include merchant and consumer analytics, conversion, errands, profitability and fraud throughout the portfolio.
You’ll have a global perspective as you work closely with credit and product teams and act as the main analytical business partner for some of our most important merchants.
You will be expected to be proactive decision maker with the following responsibilities:
- Understanding the market dynamics within the team scope.
- Understanding the implications of pricing and underwriting.
- Providing recommendations based on data-driven insights.
- Understanding both the Merchant and Klarna’s business by leveraging internal and external data.
- Support the creation of internal and external business cases, including pricing.
- Coming up with different scenarios to support negotiation strategies.
- Monitoring performance in order to find ways to optimize for both the Merchant and Klarna.
You should have:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in a Finance/Analytics environment.
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Science, Engineering or Business).
- Experience with data extraction and manipulation (proficiency with SQL preferred)
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Previous experience with external partnerships, pricing, and business case modeling
- Prior work within payments, finance, banking, and/or accounting sectors
- Retail experience is a plus
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.