Fraud Prevention Team Manager
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
What will you do:
Fraud Prevention in Klarna is divided into several teams with their unique responsibilities. One of these teams is our Fraud Prevention Central Europe, where we are looking for a motivated leader to manage and develop the team, support with daily tasks as well as feed into Klarna’s Fraud strategy.
The team’s responsibilities and related KPIs are as follows:
Review of individual and clusters of transactions to detect fraudulent behaviour with high accuracy
Actively manage communication with stakeholders through appropriate channels
Specialise in using inhouse methodology and various tools to prevent fraud and system abuse behaviours
Identify behavioural patterns and support the responsible team to turn these patterns into decisions, variable and rule leads
Follow customer service or merchant leads to identify fraud
Investigate disputes, charge backs, unpaid orders and other sources of information to early identify and/or stop fraud and abuse
Formulate findings into actions to continuously improve on detection and prevention capabilities with a long term view solving for the problem space
Who you are:
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have:
- 3-5 years of applicable working experience
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English and German
- Knowledge about payment industry, fraud risks, policy rules and structure
- Knowledge of regional market and payment methods
- Analytical and investigation mindset allowing quick assessment of suspicious behaviours and action
- Ability to turn findings into investigation of similar attributes
- Managerial or at least coaching experience, being proactive with taking on wider responsibilities than individual contributor role
- Delivered short term and more strategic (long term) solutions to manage fraud risks
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate across teams
- Interest for database querying languages as SQL
How to apply:
Send over a CV in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.