Berlin, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favorite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem solving and data-driven decision making.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
- Be an integral part of the global tax function, focusing primarily on the management of German taxes.
- Develop and implement internal systems to compile information, as well as review and authorize the submission of tax reports to various levels of government.
- Develop corporate policies and authorize/oversee their implementation, as well as recommend ways to minimize corporate tax liability, while staying compliant with tax laws, regulations and the principles and policies of Klarna.
- Research tax issues related to acquisitions, restructuring, and/or tax audits.
- Manage the preparation and filing of tax returns, estimates, and extensions.
- Prepare the Company’s monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting income tax provision and related financial statement disclosures.
- Support the organization on financial statement audits from a tax perspective.
- Manage tax audits.
- Manage the relationship with external tax services providers.
- Monitor the Company’s transfer pricing policies and related documentation, including coordination of annual transfer pricing study.
- Liaise closely with Indirect tax, Corporate Tax and Transfer Pricing colleagues, as well as the Finance and Legal teams as required.
- Prepare and present reports to executive management on tax matters.
- Maintain policies and procedures governing the tax function.
- Implement, document, and maintain appropriate internal controls over the tax function.
- Steuerberater qualification or advanced degrees in Tax or Accounting in Germany.
- Good understanding of Tax Accounting and Reporting.
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in relevant industries.
- Good at working with key stakeholders and great coordination skills.
- Good at owning complex projects with many stakeholders end to end.
- Strong attention to detail and a strong bias toward action.
- An ambitious team player who feels accountable for the full team delivery and contributes to a great team spirit.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in verbal and written English.
How to apply: Send over a CV in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.