Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Software Development is no exception!
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Systems Reliability Engineer to join our office in the heart of Stockholm, Sweden.
What you will do
As an engineer experienced in Systems Reliability Engineering practices you will be the enabler and multiplier. Working in a small, highly collaborative Agile team, you will build solutions and mechanisms that the development teams use to own their product end-to-end. You will allow them to build, maintain and deprecate the products that they are responsible for smoothly and with minimum friction. You will educate the development teams on the do’s and don’ts of building and make sure that they can easily maintain what they built.
What will set you up for success in this role?
- Deep practical knowledge of SRE topics
- Continuous drive for scaling both software and processes
- High judgement to make the right trade-offs for the customers and the business
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for system thinking and building clean, scalable and robust systems
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Practical application of Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
Some of the technologies you would be working with/exposed to
- React/React Native
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
You’re not in Stockholm? We will help you! We offer relocation support if you need it.
How to apply
Send your CV in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.