Senior UX Researcher
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna’s ground-breaking design team in our Berlin office is looking for a Senior UX Researcher to guide our expansion in e-commerce and fintech products. You’ll provide strategic insight to our Product, Design, and Marketing teams as we revolutionize the way people shop.
UX Researchers at Klarna deliver insights to drive product development and design based on customer feedback. As a Researcher, you will develop the research roadmap for the organization in partnership with product and design leaders. You’ll also have the opportunity to grow into a leadership position if you choose to, with the option to manage a team developing in time.
What you’ll do as a UX Researcher:
- Deliver critical insight to drive user-centered design and product development
- Design and implement a research program for your product area, leveraging a diverse range of methods and data types to answer research questions
- Synthesize existing research and data to identify user needs and product refinements
- Craft findings deliverables to share insights, provide recommendations, and convey the user’s perspective to product teams
- Be a strategic partner to key decision makers, helping to shape their vision for product development
- Own fast-paced projects in a volatile consumer market space, paying close attention to research quality
- Partner with other UX Researchers across Klarna to develop research infrastructure
Who you are:
- You have at least 3-5 years of work experience in an applied research setting
- You have a background in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Data Science or a related field, or have equivalent practical experience
- You have a strong working knowledge of user research methods, including when and how to apply different methods in various scenarios
- You are passionate about understanding your customers and bringing their voices into the design and development process
- You are comfortable helping others from related disciplines develop their research expertise
- You have a keen interest in consumer-facing products, finance, e-commerce, or related fields
What to include in your application:
- A CV in English
- Optional: A portfolio of your work
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.