Senior Network Security Engineer
We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. Klarna was founded on a bold belief: that people are capable of achieving the extraordinary, even when faced with the seemingly impossible. Our journey has been one of continuous learning, facing immense challenges head-on, dedicating countless hours of hard work, and never wavering in our commitment or resilience - and now we are looking for individuals to join us on our journey and contribute to our mission.
We are seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer who will take the lead in our company’s Zero Trust Network-based access (ZTNA) journey. You will be at the forefront of creating and implementing a modern, secure, and effective network framework, ensuring our company's processes remain safeguarded against possible cyber threats.
- Evaluate the existing VPN infrastructure and produce comprehensive technical reports to guide the transformation journey.
- Design, integrate and manage ZTN architecture according to best practices and company-specific requirements.
- Develop and maintain network security initiatives, ensuring a consistently high level of security across the transformed infrastructure.
- Work closely with stakeholders to execute the transformation strategically and efficiently.
- Conduct robust testing to validate the newly implemented ZTN framework and verify the elimination of security vulnerabilities.
- Monitor and address any potential network health issues and security events related to the ZTN.
- Regularly research and stay current with the latest industry trends and advancements in zero trust network technologies.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in Network Engineering roles with a specialization in security.
- Extensive knowledge of Zero Trust Network architecture principles and implementation techniques.
- Deep understanding of WAF concepts, ability to apply appropriate rules depending on services;
- Experience in working with & implementing of reverse proxy solutions;
- Experience in network automation in cloud environments;
- In-depth understanding of network protocols (such as TCP/IP), routing and switching, firewall technologies, and other security technologies.
- Experience with Palo Alto security solutions will be a plus;
- Proficiency in network troubleshooting and performance tuning.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration within multiple teams.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
About Engineering at Klarna
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer at Klarna here.