Stockholm, Sweden /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
The Domain Architect is a leadership role within the domain with the main responsibility of driving the design and evolution of the architecture of the domain. They should work closely with the Domain Leadership to understand and contribute to the domain vision, and steer the architecture of the domain in this direction. The Domain Architect should work closely with the teams in the domain to be aware of ongoing and planned work, identify important changes and step in when needed. The Domain Architect is always involved in bigger initiatives that cross the domain borders and will facilitate communication between domains when needed.
The Domain Architect is part of the Architecture Forum to represent the domain. There they are expected to represent their domain in architecture discussion that cross domain borders, and to raise issues and inform about relevant development in their domain. They should also represent the engineering teams in their domain when overall engineering standards are discussed and defined. Towards the domain the Domain Architect shall represent the Architecture Forum and inform about relevant topics and to educate and promote the engineering standards.
The Domain Architect should educate teams in the domain about the domain architecture, and as part of this hold architecture onboarding sessions for new joiners. They should work with the CGL to identify, coach and empower strong engineers in the domain to take leadership on domain level activities, with the goal of spreading knowledge and creating ownership across the organization.
- Be able to represent the domain in discussions with other Domain Architects, Domain Leads, Central Architects and CxOs.
- Assist and guide teams when needed.
- Promote, explain and be aware of adherence to the Service Rulebook.
- Represent the domain in the Architecture Forum.
- Participate and contribute to the work in the Architecture Forum.
- Provide technical and architectural support to the Domain Leadership.
- Facilitate discussions with and help translate requirements from stakeholders such as Legal, Compliance, Security, etc
- Attend and engage in relevant team, group and workstream reviews in the Domain.
- Be part of the Domain Support Team.
- Be able to explain the current and future state of the architecture of the Domain.
- Review all domain-external interfaces (APIs, event schemas, etc), and be hands-on involved in defining the most important ones.
- Educate the teams about the domain architecture; the central and important concepts everyone should be aware of.
- Hold architectural onboarding for new joiners in the domain, it is often valuable to maintain high level documentation of the domain architecture to use in onboarding
- Contribute in discussions regarding domain organization and scope.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Domain Architect in the System Design Review Process (updated process to be rolled out soon)
- Appoint and prepare a stand-in if you are planning to be away for longer than two weeks, ensure this is aligned with the Domain Lead and the AL/CL of the replacement.
- Knowledge of building and integrating a roadmap for 3rd Party Applications
- Integration knowledge of hooking up 3rd Party Applications, preferably 3rd party applications such as (Contentful/Redshift, Taxi, Kevel, Appsflyer, mParticle or Braze)
- In depth understanding of Dynamic Marketing, Social Media and Typical Marketing streams
Some domains at Klarna are now so big that they have several Domain Architects.
In these cases:
-Domain Architects may split the domain up, and the different Domain Architects may focus on some Groups or Teams in the Domain.
-The Accountable Group Lead and Accountable Group Support Team may be additional counterparties for the Domain Architect to work with. However, it is important that the Domain Support Team/Group also has Domain Architect representation.
-The Domain Architects can act as backups for each other and rotate some duties, for example attending the Architecture Forum meetings.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.