Senior PHP Developer
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change?
We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great WordPress sites using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
What you'll get to do
- As a fullstack developer at Klarna, you will be part of creating kick ass WordPress experiences for different teams - both for internal and external audiences.
- As a developer at Klarna, you will be given the creative freedom to do what you do best, develop the best and most customer centric products.
- You are customer obsessed and all your ideas and thoughts will be focusing on making the customer journey better.
- We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Who you are
- At least two years experience working with PHP and WordPress.
- At least two years experience working with CSS3 and HTML5.
You might also have
- Experience with frontend and have knowledge from working with backend such as API and Klarna plugin integrations.
- Passion for building animations/parallax effects.
- Experience from working with custom themes, as a minimum be able to maintain themes.
- An interest in UX and Visual Design.
- Earlier experience from agile methodologies like scrum or kanban and basic knowledge of software development processes are merited.
What we can offer you
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries in our English speaking offices in Stockholm/Berlin city centre.Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
- Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Stockholm.
How to Apply
Send your CV in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.