Analytics Manager - Business Risk
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem solving and data-driven decision making.
The Pay later & Slice it domain provides the core payment products that Klarna is built on. We give consumers the ability to control when to pay for the purchase, how much to pay, and which settlement method to use for each payment - through an optimized and tailored experience. Pay later & Slice it aims to be agnostic of purchase channels, equally relevant, and available in-store as online. Our payment methods together bring in over 50% of Klarna's volume and our consumer revenue accounts for 60% of Klarna's total revenue.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
In the position as a Business Risk Manager, you will be part of the Analytics competence and be the center point of all aspects of credit risk in the Pay Later & Slice it Domain (PLSI), actively seeking to reduce credit risk within the domain. The Business Risk Manager reports to the Domain Lead.
Day to day will see you
- Risk Management & Development
- Keeping the PLSI credit risk picture up to date and actively working together with the underwriting teams to manage credit risk
- Recurringly drive risk identification and mitigation workshops within PLSI
- Driving organisational and process development activities to further enhance Klarna’s credit risk management abilities
- Participating in relevant credit risk related committees and forums
- Working with PLSI management to strengthen Klarnas risk culture
- Supporting in the New Product Approval process for credit risk related items
- Actively involved in changes to the automated and manual credit assessment processes
- First-line Risk Controls
- Ensuring adequate controls are in place and run in accordance with 2nd line frameworks
- Testing of credit risk related controls
- Regular monitoring of consumer limits in accordance with the Credit Policy
- Testing of BCPs and ensuring that testing of BCP's are conducted and documented
- Performing regular access and log reviews
- Regulatory Compliance
- Proactively work with credit risk related findings from Klarna’s 2nd line units in order to ensure focus from risk owners
- Support PLSI and Klarna’s management in credit risk related FSA interaction
- Drive/Support in the implementation of credit risk related regulation
- Annually updating credit risk related governing documents
- Drafting and updating BCPs for new products and new features for existing products as well as yearly reviews and follow-ups of BCPs.
You should have
- A degree from a university in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a Business field.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience, preferably from management consulting or audit
- Risk management and internal controls experience
- Banking and credit risk experience
- Excellent track record in optimizing business performance and identifying gaps in business strategy, with a focus on financial services, ideally credit risk
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving.
- A curious mindset - you’ll be someone who loves to question the why!
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong conceptual ability
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management abilities
- Flexible and willing to take ownership
- Ready to adapt to new challenges and suggest new ideas
- Outgoing & positive team player
- Advanced PowerPoint, Excel (or G-suite) and collaboration tools skills
Please send us a CV in this application and we will come back to you as soon as possible if we find your profile relevant for the role.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.