Senior Accountant / Manager
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Who we are
The finance function in the DACH region is formed of the Group Accounting DACH and the Finance Innovation DACH teams that are working together to bring the function out of the dark ages of the copy-paste and become a true digital finance hub. Depending on your interests and strengths, you could find yourself contributing to:
- Making the external and internal financial reporting as seamless as possible
- Adopting our RPA solution into various areas of the financial reporting for the DACH region
- Automating and improving processes in order to focus on coming challenges and non-repeaters/ad hoc investigations
- Taking a lead in various finance-related projects as we continue to introduce new tools and solutions in our daily operations
Who you are
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
Reach out if you can raise your hand on a couple of the points below:
- Degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Finance, Accounting, Tax)
- 5+ years of combined accounting and finance experience
- Experience working in a multi-GAAP environment, including German GAAP and IFRS.
- Experience with statutory reporting within DACH region
- Applying rules and regulations while prioritising for the best of the company
- Understanding how business impacts accounting and vice versa
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written German and English
In addition to the above, ‘nice to haves’ are:
- Professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc)
- System implementation experience
- Track record of process improvement and optimisation of own work/work of the team around you
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and interact with people at all levels of a company
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Significant drive and ambition
- Strong conceptual ability
- Hands-on experience in accounting software, such as DATEV, SAP, Cognos Controller
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.