Senior Accountant/ Manager
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Accounting at Klarna is divided into several teams with their unique responsibilities. However, there is of course one thing in common for all of them - they consist of highly driven people with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit! In particular, the teams strive for leading-edge financial reporting, using state-of-the-art technology.
As part of an Accounting team you will:
- Take responsibility for accounting and reporting of relevant business transactions.
- Reconcile G/L systems to the underlying sources and develop methods and tools to provide analytical insight.
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing the accounting treatment as well as economic consequences of trends, assessing their impact and proposing solutions/optimisations.
- Support wider business objectives by providing analytical expertise on new products and system developments and collaborate closely with other teams where relevant.
- Analyse existing and upcoming financial regulation on the accounting impact and business implications.
- Contribute to the financial reporting process (monthly, quarterly, yearly), both on local GAAP level as well as in IFRS for the group.
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
Who you are:
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have:
- Professional education (e.g. Bilanzbuchhalter) or degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics, Finance, Accounting).
- 5+ years of technical accounting or tax compliance experience.
- Understanding of accounting principles, including German GAAP and related international accounting standards.
- Experience with local statutory filing processes within DACH region.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written German and English.
You might also have:
- System implementation experience.
- Track record of process improvement and optimisation of own work/work of the team around you.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and interact with people at all levels of a company.
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Strong conceptual ability.
- Hands-on experience in Accounting software, such as DATEV, SAP, Cognos Controller.
How to apply
Send over a CV and a cover letter in English.
Berlin or Munich