Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
What you will do
As Senior Brand Marketer in our brand activation teams, your main goal will be to increase awareness about the Klarna brand, generate customer (end consumer and merchant). Your day to day work will consist of setting the brand strategy and executing it along all touch points so that our brand message stays relevant and appealing to our audiences . You will also strive to turn complex propositions into simple communication so that our end-users find it simple to understand and buy or use Klarna. You will act as an extended global brand advocate with global and central focus. This means having a close relationship with key stakeholders within the central marketing function at Klarna HQ and other regions for sharing best practices.
Who you are
Klarna is looking for ambitious people with a self-starter mentality and as we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo. You are proactive by nature and come up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do. You enjoy a high pace and can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritise your work effectively according to set goals and KPIs. It is crucial that you are an independent player who can be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for all everyday delivery.
You should have
- Minimum 5 years of brand marketing experience
- A proven track record of delivering stellar B2C brand marketing strategy and activities that perform according to brand and business goals
- Experience working with multiple external agencies to manage PR, comms, events and brand campaigns
- Experience in making data-driven marketing decisions to achieve business goals, across a wide variety of channels
- An understanding of online UX, online marketing principles and strategy
- A collaborative work style with demonstrated successful interactions with both internal and external partiesHands-on, get it done attitude.
- Willing to roll-up sleeves and dig into hands on work
You might also have
- Experience of working in a - fast-paced startup environment, larger company with a strong entrepreneurial culture or a company with a strong brand track record
- Experience from an advertising or digital agency, managing high-end, fashion or other strong brand accounts is plus
- Ability to navigate a matrix organisation to interact with multiple teams to achieve goals, particularly a large commercial team
Stockholm, Germany and UK