Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Software Development is no exception!
What you will do
Klarna’s Authentication team is working on some of the most important challenges in the payments industry
- Every payment company needs to align to PSD2 requirements in the EU. We are building a unique solution for this problem that would serve millions of customers around the world. We are still in the beginning stages of this solution and looking for people who can join us on this journey.
- We are also responsible for identifying and authenticating millions of active users every month. We work with authentication methods in several countries that involves learning new methods and keeping us updated about the latest happenings in the industry.
We work in small highly collaborative Agile teams. You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback and time to market. To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Some of the technologies you would be working with
- Identity and access management
- Web and app security experience
- Authentication & Authorization
- Device linking and signatures
- Secure user sign in, sign up and access control
- Web experience
- React/React Native
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
You should have
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with API development, user interfaces and product development
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Successfully applied and are enthusiastic about Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD/BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
You’re not in Stockholm? We will help you! We offer relocation support if you need it.
How to apply
Send your CV in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.