Senior Analyst, Consumer Insights
New York City, United States /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
What you will do.
You’ll work as part of the Communication Insights team, focusing on North America. You’ll develop a strong understanding of business and marketing goals, then use our internal data sets and marketing experience to develop newsworthy, informative narratives and insights that help position Klarna as an industry thought leader. You’ll partner closely with the Communications, B2C, and B2B marketing teams to uncover hidden gems in our data, packaging these insights into stories, reports, campaigns, and other pieces of content.
- Provide in-depth analysis of shopping and industry trends, including forward-looking perspectives and undiscovered themes that equip the marketing and comms teams with powerful narratives
- Become our marketing and communications data expert who is prepared to pull requested information on a need-basis for internal and external audiences
- Work together with experienced communicators to develop compelling editorial stories and messaging based on your analysis
- Identify relevant areas to research in order to find driving forces behind consumer behavior
- Analyze data from internal and external sources to generate insights about consumer behavior
- Develop dashboards for commonly requested data points, helping to simplify data sets for partner teams
Who you are:
- 3-5 years of experience in analytics and/or research with projects rooted in marketing
- Proven track record in partnering with internal communications and marketing teams to mine data for stories and perspectives
- Proactive and hands-on by nature and motivated by coming up with new thinking that adds value and innovation to the work we do
- Very organized with the ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple concurrent projects
- You are confident to be an independent player while also enjoying being part of a team
- Attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem-solving
You should have:
- Applicable work experience in analytics working within or in close collaboration with marketing teams
- Analytical mindset, willingness, and capacity to learn new things
- An understanding of how to perform data extraction
- Be able to create structure in disordered information/data
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with QlikSense or similar Data Analytics Platform
- Ability to identify and isolate trends, and find drivers behind them.
- Understanding of eCommerce and fintech market and trends is a plus
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.