Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
- Understand and analyze consumers and merchants needs as well as competitor’s products. Synthesize customers needs into product requirements
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy for the local market
- Understand UK market regulations and compliance to make sure our products are in line with them and spot opportunities, not threats when market shifts
- Strong ability in stakeholder management for both internal and external parties and collaboration in all levels
- Work with product and engineering teams to prioritize market needs across Klarna's portfolio of products
- Engage closely with development and operational teams to balance scope and delivery timeline
- Assist in the development of new products and enhance existing products to achieve product-market fit
- Have strong communication with commercial teams to get more customer insights and also manage expectations
Who you are
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, make decisions, take calculated risks
- Detailed Thinkers - Passionate and open-minded while meticulously about data and details
- Delivers Results - Able to see beyond their own problem space and dependencies to find solutions
- Challenges the Status Quo - Never misses an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change
- Lets the Team Shine - Leads with integrity, giving respect and earning trust along the way
- Starts Small and Learn Fast - Tests, iterates, measures and learns in order to drive innovation
You should have
- 3+ years of experience with product management, product design or technical consultancy with a focus on software products and technologies
- Working proficiency in English
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
You might also have
- Ability to prioritise complex deliverables, have technical discussions, and collaborate at all levels
- Experience in the finance industry or studying finance or economics.
- The ability to quickly understand the big picture and explain the local market needs and product requirements to people that don’t necessarily know about the Norwegian market.
We want to get to know you better if you can identify with the below
- Likes to think outside the box and spend time on developing complex ideas that can lead to superior products/solutions
- Knows what it means to be a team player, helping out where it is needed to make sure that what we are working on gets delivered
- Likes a working environment that is well balanced between fun, slightly crazy and highly professional
- Interested in joining Klarna on our mission to be the world’s favorite way to pay by being part of our growth in the UK market.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.