Berlin, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy.
You can contribute to reaching this goal!
We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Data Engineering is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Data Domain to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need to understand, predict and make the right decisions on large, fast, structured, unstructured and growing amounts of data!
What you will do
As a data engineer you will work in a team that is end to end responsible for data services, where a data service spans from management dashboards, data warehousing, real time decisioning pipelines to frameworks for data quality measures. As a data engineer you will typically take the role of building and running data pipelines, data warehouse, data frameworks or different data presentation techniques.
Your stakeholders will be Data Scientists, Business Analysts, other Engineers building Insights and all Klarna employees that need data in their daily work. We have amazing teams that take care of and become experts at different parts of the domain where sharing and collaboration are key.
Some of the technologies and languages we use are Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, AWS Redshift, AWS Glue, Apache Airflow, MS SQL, Qlik Sense, Postgres, Java, Scala, different NoSQL DB:s- and we are always looking for the most efficient tools for the job
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Relevant education with a degree in engineering or comparable skills
- Experience as a Data Engineer or comparable positions
- Experience in some or all of the technologies we use; Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, AWS Redshift, AWS Glue, MS SQL, Qlik Sense, Postgres, Java, Scala, NoSQL DB:s
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- A burning curiosity and interest in data, fast data, big data, dark data, data governance, data models, data warehouse, data insights - or all of the above!
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.