Security Engineer - Security Operations Center
Los Angeles, United States /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our Global Trust Center is rapidly growing and we are looking for new talent to join our Security Operation Center (SOC) team. If your background is within Managed Security Services, Inhouse SOC or Computer Incident Response Team we will offer you an environment that challenges the status quo and builds something different. Our dedicated team has two focus areas; Threat Monitoring & Detection and Incident Response, with support from our Cyber Threat Intel assessment.
What you will do
Our goal is to improve our capabilities in cyber response, to develop the most effective ways of evaluating and triaging security events and invoking appropriate response plans to events.
The SOC team tries to use the best of breed tools for monitoring and detection as well as make the best use of traditional security platforms. With a focus on automation and applying analytics to our signals, we have an objective to be highly efficient in our operations with very few false positives.
We work in an continuously evolving business environment, therefore the technologies and process we use are continuously changing as well. This means that this role requires people with great minds and brilliant ideas able and willing to challenge the traditional ways of operating a SOC function and try out new things.
You will get to work with
- Working in a team with investigative spirit, good perception and judgment of the security landscape
- Developing our strategy for finding innovative ways to monitor our infrastructure, customers, partners and employees
- Being the target of security attacks and take mitigation measures
- Providing in-depth cybersecurity analysis and trending of logs, event data, and alerts from a diverse range of log sources
- Being part of building security functions for native cloud based environments
- Since cyber criminals do not keep business hours the job includes on-call duties on a scheduled and rotating basis
You should have
- Past experience from a Managed Security Services or inhouse SOC
- Developed and implement new cyber security use cases for SIEM
- Experience with SOAR or automation of tasks (e.g., scripting)
- Experience of working with AWS or Azure security services
- Experience of Endpoint Protection and Response solutions
- Networking and network security (incl. WiFi), such as firewalls, IDS/IPS and network traffic analysis
You may also have
- Worked with Forensics (collecting artifacts), malware analytics or reverse engineering.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.