We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. Klarna was founded on a bold belief: that people are capable of achieving the extraordinary, even when faced with the seemingly impossible. Our journey has been one of continuous learning, facing immense challenges head-on, dedicating countless hours of hard work, and never wavering in our commitment or resilience - and now we are looking for individuals to join us on our journey and contribute to our mission.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, your work will reach millions of users.
We're looking for several experienced Engineering Managers to help facilitate the right technical decisions and strengthen our leadership within the Engineering competence.
What you’ll get to do
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow a software engineering organization consisting of 3-8 team members.
- Manage and drive procurement for third party products that your team depends on.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on quality in your own team and cross teams.
- Scope and own a problem space, articulate and develop fact based argumentation and present it to senior management or CXOs, develop vision and mission statement.
- Prioritize and optimize for highest speed in execution.
- Take calculated risks, anchor with different stakeholders and articulate short and long term consequences.
- Continuously develop relationships between product, engineering and key stakeholders across all domains.
- Influence and drive software design discussions.
- Translate business needs into capability build up and hiring plans in own team.
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting, developing and retaining great engineering talent.
- Act swiftly to change of direction, re-evaluate priorities and steer the team accordingly.
- Manage the budget for the team and dependencies.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience leading cross functional software engineering teams in a fast paced, delivery focused environment.
- A track record of delivering influential software, preferably in complex business models and high transaction environments.
- Strong people management skills.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
About Engineering at Klarna
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer at Klarna here.