Treasury Quantum Specialist
Stockholm, Sweden /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna’s Treasury is responsible for providing Klarna with the right amount of funding and capital to grow at light speed at the same time as managing liquidity and financial risks. We are active in FX, Fixed Income, Derivative and Money Markets and use FIS Quantum to handle all these financial flows. This includes both investments and issuance of bonds and commercial papers, as well as internal loans and daily cash management activities.
Our activity has more than doubled in the last year and to continue to grow we are looking for someone who wants to take our infrastructure to the next level. We are continuously expanding our investment universe (and onboarding new products as part of that) as well as optimising our processes - ensuring minimum manual intervention is required and errors are avoided through automation with SFTP, APIs, etc.
We are using Quantum both as our front-to-back system from trade to settlement as well as our sub-ledger to bookkeeping in SAP S4 Hana, this is an integral role in Treasury where you’ll get the opportunity to develop and take responsibility for/administer this financial infrastructure as well as influence and steer IT and infrastructure development strategy.
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
To take our financial infrastructure to the next level we are looking for you who have both strong technical knowledge of financial/treasury systems (such as FIS Quantum) as well as sound understanding of financial instruments and concepts.
What you’ll get to do
- Quantum system administration and development with focus on crystal report design, creation, testing and deployment as well as creating, developing and maintaining native integrations such as APIs and SFTP to public trading vendors for market data and trade integration.
- Daily support to Quantum users including troubleshooting.
- Provide professional advice and training to dealers and approvers, ensuring operational quality and best in class use of FIS Quantum and our infrastructure.
- Develop integration of Quantum with Klarna’s overall data infrastructure using AWS Redshift.
- Bridge the gap between Treasury system, accounting and users with end-to-end overview from trade to bookkeeping.
- Develop the Quantum database and server set-up to ensure timeliness, robustness, data quality and transparency to analytics users.
Some of the technologies you'll get to work with
- FIS Quantum
- FIS cloud, SWIFT
- Windows server environment
- AWS S3 and Redshift
- Bloomberg, FXall and Infinitive/Reuters Datascope
- Bank and various other APIs as well as SFTPA
- As well as all the Klarna wide, industry leading, engineering tools and practices
You should have
- Previous experience working with and developing Treasury systems such as FIS Quantum (preferred), WSS Treasury, Adaptiv Infinity/Calypso, Simcorp Dimension or similar
- Sound (and preferably technical) understanding of financial instruments, concepts and how they are bookkept
- Interest in external integrations (for e.g. financial data and trade processing) as well as dialogue with the system provider, FIS
- Very good SQL skills and experience working with multiple different database and data technologies such as Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, SAP HANA, MS SQL, Qlik Sense
- PowerShell and Python coding knowledge is also desirable
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Relevant education with a degree in engineering or comparable skills
- A burning curiosity and interest in financial data, data streaming, data governance, data models, data warehouse, data insights - or all of the above!
How to apply: please send us your CV or LinkedIn profile in English.
Relocation: Unfortunately we do not offer relocation support for these roles but we would be happy to provide visa support when necessary.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.