Commercial Manager Austria
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
We are now looking to grow our Merchant Development Team in Austria and our Partner Management Team in Austria and Switzerland.
What you will do
If you are joining our Partner Management team, you will be enabling further Klarna growth by building strong relationships with leading e-commerce Platforms, Payment Service Providers, and System Integrators in Austria and Switzerland. You will focus on growing market coverage and awareness of Klarna Payment solutions through prominent integrations in partner platforms, in their communication channels, and through co-marketing activities.
With Klarnas Merchant Development team you will be part of a cross-functional team that aims to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to market strategy. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level as you will:
- Manage Klarna’s key Retail merchants in the DACH region and work with top brands like Adidas, IKEA, Zara, Media Markt, Flaconi, and many more
- Optimize existing merchant integrations along the entire customer journey
- Identify upsell potential regarding new products and markets
- Run Co-Marketing activities together with merchants to increase Klarna’s visibility
Who you are
- An ambitious person with significant drive to build up new things
- Entrepreneurial mind who constantly challenges the status quo and embraces change
- Passionate about your job and enjoying fast paced international working environment
- Desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results
- Persistent in understanding the customers’ needs and developing the business
- Great communicator who loves to deal with customers personally
- Analytical sense to provide merchants with valuable market and industry insights
It goes without saying that to achieve excellent results you have 3+ years of experience in e-commerce and/or payments and a relevant academic degree. Experience from a high-growth tech company will help you to navigate the internal landscape in Klarna, but is definitely not a must if you are a born networker and a quick learner. Regardless of your role here in Klarna you possess a winner mentality and can turn leads into successful deals.
Working proficiency and verbal/written communication skills in German and English are required to work in this region.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.