Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
What you will do
With Klarnas Merchant Development team you will be part of a cross-functional team that aims to accelerate our business and evolve the go-to market strategy. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level as you will
- Manage Klarna’s key Retail merchants in the DACH region and work with top brands like Adidas, IKEA, Zara, Media Markt, Flaconi, and many more
- Optimize existing merchant integrations along the entire customer journey
- Identify upsell potential regarding new products and markets
- Run Co-Marketing activities together with merchants to increase Klarna’s visibility
Who you are
- An ambitious person with significant drive to build up new things
- Entrepreneurial mind who constantly challenges the status quo and embraces change
- Passionate about your job and enjoying fast paced international working environment
- Desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results
- Persistent in understanding the customers’ needs and developing the business
- Great communicator who loves to deal with customers personally
- Analytical sense to provide merchants with valuable market and industry insights
It goes without saying that to achieve excellent results you have 3+ years of experience in e-commerce and/or payments and a relevant academic degree. Experience from a high-growth tech company will help you to navigate the internal landscape in Klarna, but is definitely not a must if you are a born networker and a quick learner. Regardless of your role here in Klarna you possess a winner mentality and can turn leads into successful deals.
Working proficiency and verbal/written communication skills in German and English are required to work in this region.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.