In-store Partnerships Manager (Los Angeles)
Los Angeles, United States /
Business Development /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
About the Team:
This role sits on the US & Canada In-Store Go-To-Market Team, responsible for building the next generation of shopping in stores. We drive customer adoption of Klarna in physical retail, partner with retailers on delivering best-in-class products and marketing experiences, and forge partnerships with key players to strengthen our position in the market. The team's goal is to deliver an unparalleled experience for both our merchants and customers in their in-store journey, through an outstanding product experience, compelling marketing, and exceptional field support.
What you will do:
We are looking for a Partnerships Manager to join our rapidly expanding US & Canada In-Store Go-To-Market Team. You will be responsible for supporting the in-store team with all external partnerships, in an effort to drive in-store growth and innovation. Success in the role includes executing successful launches for complex partnerships while creating and hitting key KPIs for each project. KPIs may include revenue, customer acquisition, and brand awareness, as well as management of set timelines and budgets. You will be managing multiple work streams and timelines across different internal and external functions, including design, product, and marketing.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of our in-store partnerships.
- Support the long-term in-store team partner strategy, identifying potential new partners and innovative ways we can drive in-store volume and customer adoption.
- Conceptualize new ways that we can use our product to attract new customers in the physical retail environment.
- Analyze and define the success of in-store partnerships, looking for opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Who you are:
- You have 4-6 years of experience in partnerships, business development or operations in a fast-growing retail or tech company. Marketing experience is a plus.
- You have hands-on experience working cross-functionally and be able to conceptualize and execute partnerships that may be unique or never done before.
- You are self-motivated and have a bias for action.
- You have excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- You have strong communication skills, with the ability to influence both peers and external partners.
- You are someone who is passionate about retail and the ways consumers shop, and you love to think about the way shopping will change in the next 5-10 years.
- You are someone who thrives in an ambiguous environment who can think both big picture and within the “nitty gritty” nuances of execution and actionability.
- You have a track record of delivering projects on time and with attention to detail.
- You are able to break down complex problems into actionable steps.
- You have an Undergraduate Degree.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.