Corporate Communications Manager, Financial Communications
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for a strategic, analytical and collaborative financial communications manager to join Klarna’s corporate communications team with a focus on financial reporting, ideally based in Sweden.
You will play a key role in developing and implementing Klarna’s corporate and investor narrative including financial reporting, regulatory announcements, M&A, peer tracking and communications around strategic initiatives as well as corporate comms campaigns.
You will work closely with a broad range of internal stakeholders including C-suite, marketing, finance, corporate governance, legal and corporate sustainability to ensure we tell an engaging and consistent narrative around Klarna’s ambitious growth, our unparalleled product offering and the customer obsession that drives everything we do.
You will have a sound understanding of company financials and value drivers, able to create strong stories and insights from data, presented in a clear and engaging style with the ability to deftly weave in brand, retailer and consumer messaging to more traditional reporting documents with your excellent copywriting skills. You might be either in agency or in-house, and from a Corporate Communications or IR background. Excellent project and stakeholder management skills will be required to deliver high quality products in a fast-paced and fun cross-functional team.
- Play a crucial role in driving Klarna’s financial and corporate communication efforts externally, bringing Klarna’s story to life creatively and advancing the company's narrative and influence through financial communications, as a fast growing global consumer brand.
- Project manage the delivery of quarterly financial reporting and presentations, liaising with business and finance leads, design and communications colleagues, and aligning delivery to required internal committee and board meetings.
- Own tracking of peer messaging and reporting reviews.
- Draft and distribute regulatory announcements and corporate press releases, ensuring content across all key internal and external channels, including LinkedIn, corporate website, intranet.
- Coordinate with global comms colleagues on group messaging and initiatives where necessary to ensure alignment and maximise opportunities to deliver our strategic and financial narrative and ensure appropriate disclosure. You will need to be able to move between multiple audiences and contexts in a deft manner.
- Attract, coach and develop others, fostering an open and inclusive culture, and strengthening the overall capability of the organization.
Who you are...
- 6-10 years of experience in communications or IR roles related to financial communications, both in-house and/or agency, preferably working for consumer brands.
- Fluent in Swedish and English is a must.
- An agile and strategic thinker who also has a strong drive for implementation and delivering the work themselves.
- A drive to go beyond ‘traditional’ financial reporting, creating engaging content that works for all stakeholders, and always open to new and different ways of doing things while managing risk and working within required regulatory frameworks.
- Experience of working with or in a listed and/or regulated company with a strong understanding of EU financial reporting requirements and incoming changes.
- Confident working with operational and financial data to create compelling narratives aligned to our corporate strategy, looking at the bigger company-wide picture on messaging as well as deep-diving into specific areas.
- An eye for design and detail
- Experience working closely with senior level executives on messaging, speaking opportunities, media and investor requests related to financial communications, internal communications,etc
- Proven ability to build relationships internally and externally, bring people and teams together, and influence across all levels
- Enjoys working collaboratively and communicating openly; can build trust easily
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage complex issues in a regulated environment
- You are proactive and hands-on by nature and come up with new thinking and solutions that add value and innovation to the work we do. It is crucial that you can take initiative, be strategic and forward-looking while at the same time taking personal ownership for everyday delivery.
- You are passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment with lots of autonomy. You are proactive and optimistic by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of brilliant execution.
- Seeking to develop your skills and take the next step in your career in house working for a disruptor brand that has become a household name at a pivotal and exciting time for the business.
Please send over your CV in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.