Engineering Manager - Logging Experience
Berlin, Germany /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are seeking an experienced and motivated Engineering Manager to lead our Logging Experience team. The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and a passion for delivering scalable and reliable logging solutions.
The team consists of 7 highly motivated engineers that provide agility and resilience in audit and logging infrastructure, which means they are responsible for making audit-, app-, system- and cloud- logs easy to store, easy to use, durable, route-able, and cost-efficient. The team is mainly located in Berlin, and we therefore preferably see you being located there too. However, we are open to other locations.
In addition, you will be part of the leadership team in the Confidence group which consists of the AGL Dragan Veljovic and 3 fellow ALs. The group's mission is to provide opinionated standards and solutions to allow teams to take risks in a controlled environment with fast iteration. We steer systems towards observability strategy goals that will enable them to innovate and execute with confidence.
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers to design, develop, and maintain the logging infrastructure
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement product requirements
- Ensure the delivery of high-quality and scalable logging solutions that meet customer needs
- Mentor and guide team members in technical and professional development
- Drive the technical roadmap for the logging infrastructure, evaluating new technologies and making recommendations for improvements
- Analyze market trends, customer feedback, and technical data to inform product decisions
- Communicate technical updates, roadmaps, and progress to stakeholders and senior management
Ideally, you have
- Strong collaboration skills; you are able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- A proven track record of delivering scalable and reliable software solutions
- A proven track record of delivering high-quality software products
- A proven track record of successfully leading an Engineering team
- Knowledge of the logging industry is a plus
You can expect
- A supportive and highly experienced team that will enable you to deliver with high quality
- Opportunities to have a real impact on logging strategy
- To be a valuable member in the leadership team of the Confidence group
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.