Senior Information Security Manager - USA
Columbus, OH, United States /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for speed, quality, fast feedback, focussing on customers, end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
What you'll do
- Improve and maintain our ISMS documents, starting with requirements analysis based on US and global laws and regulations for information security.
- Design novel frameworks and approaches to information security to challenge established best practices.
- Work with our internal teams and engineers, and guide them in applying ISMS controls in an efficient and smoooth manner.
- Spread security awareness in the organization and provide support in daily security compliance questions.
- Perform efficient control testing and investigations.
- Support our Sales teams during contract negotiation by answering to customer due diligences, including direct meetings with their compliance and security specialists.
- Represent the security team during on site visits by local regulator audits.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- 5+ years of experience as an information security professional with a technical background, managing an ISMS or parts of it.
- Created ISMS policies and procedures with an understanding of their impact on the organization
- Understanding of US laws and regulations in regard to information security, especially within financial services (NYCRR 500, FTC Safeguards Rule, etc).
- A deep understanding of how information security assurance works in practice, and ideas on how you want to optimize and simplify its application informed by strong business knowledge.
- Experience with agile development practices.
- Experience working with cloud-based technology (preferably Amazon Web Services) and good understanding of how security governance needs to be applied to cloud environments.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with third parties such as customers, auditors, and government regulators in order to represent Klarna
Our way of working
- In your heart, you know there is a better way of doing things. Challenge the old dogmas of slow and tedious information security work with miles of documentation and do away with the tick-the-box philosophy of security.
- You are also grounded and understand that security has to be explained, and that others need assurance that information is secure in the same way that we require assurance from our partners and service providers.
- You love to try a new approach, think big, but you can also focus on details. Starting out small, and quickly try out your idea because you really want to see the results now, not in years.
- You enjoy working with and in teams, and work together to achieve a common goal.
- You are experienced enough to own and drive projects independently. You can interact with different competences and internal and external stakeholders in a professional way.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.