Senior Data Scientist - Open Banking
Data Science /
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
As Data Scientists, we are seeded throughout Klarna’s businesses, either in small technical teams owning a problem space, or embedded as experts in cross-functional teams containing Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and more. We work hard to build Data Science products that our customers will love, and we take great pride in owning models end-to-end, from prototyping to production. You can check out some of our recent projects at engineering.klarna.com.
As a Senior Data Scientist in Open Banking, you will:
- Develop, evaluate and implement algorithms to process Open Banking data (bank statements, transactional information, account characteristics, etc) into actionable credit risk insights.
- Create new credit risk variables and machine learning models powered by Open Banking data.
- Transform existing Open Banking products and services into seamless components of the wider consumer experience, innovating new solutions when necessary.
- Provide technical expertise and thought-leadership to risk and product teams using Open Banking data globally.
- Collaborate effectively with a broad mix of extraordinary colleagues, each with their own perspective, background, and expertise.
In order to be successful in this role, we believe that you will have:
- Experience related to classification modeling, risk, product, or consumer analytics, and banking or finance.
- Experience developing predictive models with advanced machine learning techniques, and developing algorithms from scratch.
- Experience working with Python, SQL and Git, and an understanding of the concepts behind cloud computing technologies.
- A deep understanding of the theoretical foundations behind classical and recent machine learning models and algorithms, such as generalized linear models, random forests, ensemble methods, and deep neural networks.
- Great communication, organization, and team working skills.
- A university degree in a highly technical, numerate subject (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Economics).
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, hybrid within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.