Compliance Specialist - MLRO
Madrid, Spain /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Do you want to be part of an international, growing Compliance function, working for one of Europe’s largest FinTech/disruptor-banks, that wants to revolutionise the financial industry? Klarna is looking for new members to strengthen the Compliance team. As a part of Klarna’s continued growth ambition, we are launching in a large number of markets, where Spain is one of them. The team has doubled in size in the last year and is filled with skilled Compliance and AML professions across the globe, all heavily committed to ensure full compliance to AML/CTF regulations within the Group.
As a Compliance Officer and MLRO at Klarna, you will need:
- Documented working experience from working in a second line MLRO/AML Compliance function within the financial services/FinTech sector;
- Legal education and experience;
- Experience of the Spain and European AML & CTF regulations, and the obligations deriving therefrom (including AML/CTF, ABC and fraud);
- Experience from regulatory interactions;
- Solid knowledge, and practical experience of complex investigations and Suspicious Activity Reporting and contacts with law enforcement agencies;
- Proven ability to identify regulatory risks and experience to assess change from e.g., new regulations, new markets/products or similar;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high performance environment;
- Fluency in English and Spanish.
Additionally, we see positively if you have specific experience with:
- Payment services and systems;
- Consumer credit, financing and lending;
- Experience with FinTech firms – also considered advantageous.
- Monitor and control that Klarna is complying with external rules and Klarna’s internal rules;
- Supporting the Compliance Team in their activities, including administration and communication with regulators (e.g. registering regulatory engagement, and preparing regulatory notifications and reports) and coordination (e.g. obtaining responses to regulatory requests for information);
- Creating and updating guidelines, policies, instructions and routines within the compliance field;
- Monitoring regulatory developments within Klarna’s business areas;Interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations;
- Advising the business on all compliance related matters;
- Sharing knowledge and educating on regulatory and AML/CTF requirements in local jurisdiction, and contributing to ongoing competence and awareness throughout Klarna by providing information and training;
- Tracking and reviewing Klarna’s adherence to regulations and ensuring good compliance governance within the business;
- Preventing and identifying compliance risks, and preparing risk analyses;
- Taking part in development projects for new products and services;
- Preparing, implementing, and maintaining compliance plans;
- Preparing and coordinating internal and external reports;
- Regularly assess whether internal rules and procedures to prevent the business being used for ML/TF are appropriate and effective, and provide recommendations to the relevant stakeholders on identified improvement areas;
- Responsibility for SAR reporting and ensuring that information is provided to the Financial Intelligence Unit in the manner stipulated;
- Act as the central liaison with regard to ML/TF between Klarna and the local financial services authority, Police authorities and any other relevant authorities and law enforcement agencies including complying with court orders and other orders imposed by the authorities, and to act cooperatively and responsibly in this manner;
- Regularly report to the Group MLRO on the identified AML/CTF risks in Spain.
How to apply
Please send a resumé in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.