Service Specialist Fraud Detection
Columbus, United States
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
You should apply for this position if:
Your favorite show is Sherlock Holmes. Your favorite game is Clue. You are intensely curious and like to get to the bottom of things. You want to promote good and fight against evil.
These tasks are waiting for you
- Analyze and detect fraud and abuse patterns and take countermeasures
- Monitor our transactions on a daily basis for potential fraud and abuse
- Work directly with analytics and product teams to escalate cases and develop potential solutions to minimize losses
- Act as a trainer and consultant for our internal and external stakeholders.
You should have
- College degree or equivalent professional experience in a related field
- Structured, independent and reliable way of working, with a strong eye for detail
- A high degree of initiative and the willingness to take responsibility for tasks and processes in a dynamic and rapidly growing environment
- Team-focused attitude, as well as being able to work independently
- A way of never taking things at face value, and always look at things from multiple angles to detect potential issues.
- Customer obsession, both internal and external, as well as a proven ability to communicate
- A passion for learning about fraud
You might have
- Direct experience in e-commerce or payments
- Fraud experience - knowledge of external fraud data sources and use cases to prevent fraud
- Experience with SQL and Excel