Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal!
We are looking to grow our privacy legal team to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need for legal innovation in all parts of the business.
You will be working as a full time privacy counsel, in a team of fellow privacy lawyers, covering all aspects of data protection in the Klarna group, including commercial, consumer, regulatory and employment law.
The role will be based in Berlin, and you will be responsible for a large part of all German privacy matters. However, the role is an integrated part of Klarna’s global team of privacy lawyers, which means that the tasks are in no way limited to the German market, or to German law.
Your main task will be to be the best problem solver in the world and drive legal innovation around privacy and data protection. You will be expected to merge stakeholders’ expectations and legal requirements into a simple and innovative product, process or contract. Teamwork and a multi-jurisdictional mindset will be part of your daily routine.
You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a very fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level, so you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results. At Klarna we embrace change, so you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- Monitor and analyze new developments in privacy laws across Europe, and Germany in particular
- Main contact person for all privacy matters related to the German Klarna group entities
- Drafting, maintaining and developing privacy notices, policies, instructions and guidelines
- Providing advice on the privacy aspects of product development
- Providing commercial advice to the business in connection with contract negotiations
- Leading privacy-related trainings
- Handling contacts with German authorities
- Minimum 3 years experience of privacy law
- German law degree from a German university is required
- Fully fluent in English
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business management
- Ability to make decisions independently based on thoughtful analysis
- Excellent communication/writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Open minded, sense of humor and willingness to learn
- In-house experience a plus, in particular from the financial or fintech sector
- Technical degree / background a plus
- Experience from working as a lawyer outside of Germany, or at an international company, a plus
As an employee at one of the fastest growing companies in online payments and e-commerce world wide, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level. If this sounds as exciting to you as it does to us, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your CV in English.