Head of Product Design
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 200,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 3500+ employees from 90 nationalities.
Klarna is the place where change is happening. Fast.
We are in a scaleup phase with a foundation in place while still being formable. Our focus is moving from payments to shopping. From invoices to inspiration. Having 90 million shoppers and 200K+ retailers is great, but we are nowhere near done.
The challenge ahead is to lift the product and all aspects of design to even higher levels. We’re not just trying to raise the bar. We want to be the bar. For that, we need a leader for leaders who knows what it takes to work as a designer. Someone to drive excellence and to challenge the status quo.
Design Competence - we make Klarna stand out
Klarna is dedicated to enhancing and redefining the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We are a competence staffed by amazing people with a range of skills to best meet Klarna’s needs.
We are not simply defined. We break into pop culture by making award-winning campaigns. We refine and implement Klarna’s voice. We make products simple and easy to interact with.
The purpose of the Competence
The overarching purpose of our competences is to ensure that all teams at Klarna have the right talent with the right capabilities to truly create cutting-edge solutions. The competences make it possible to develop and deploy these highly skilled people from different fields across the organization. This is done through coaching, training, and knowledge sharing, as well as with established tools, standards, and processes. This allows us to equip the teams with the tools they need, ensure high quality of delivery, and provide endless development opportunities for the people at Klarna.
High-level responsibilities to drive and support the following:
- Lead and develop other product design leaders in the Competence
- Support and coach the leaders in the Competence with day to day regarding actions, prioritization, outside perspective, design decisions and hires
- Challenge people to take their next step in their irregular career path
- Drive excellence through the development of Competence mastery framework, standards, best practices and being a source of inspiration through showing by doing
- Equip the domains with the right capabilities through staffing and workforce planning, allocation, and prioritization
- Set and manage compensation for the Competence line (your group of design leads and their Klarnauts) according to current policies and salary bands
- 10+ years experience in Design (UI/UX/Product)
- 5+ years experience as Head of Design, VP Design, or similar role
- Vast experience in digital products: mobile and web applications
- Experience in fast-paced and growing start-up environments, such as product companies, growing startups
- Experience from working in an international context
- Proven ability to direct, mentor and inspire design leaders and their teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bonus but no must: Experience working in fin-tech or e-commerce
How to apply:
Please send over a CV in English. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.