Data Engineer - Python
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
We at Klarna are looking for driven and energetic Data Engineers who also happen to like Python in order to join our engineering hub in Berlin.
Our mission is to make payments as smooth as possible, reducing the friction you are facing when you purchase goods online. Our secret sauce to achieve this, is our ability to provide credit in real-time. If you want to learn more on how it is done, there is a great opportunity to join us, aim for awesomeness and write history.
We are currently serving 80 million customers and we are growing with a rate more than 40% annually, so there are very big opportunities having a massive impact in one of the very few profitable unicorns out there.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment.
- You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results!
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
What we expect from you
- Drive, this is an essential attribute if you want to thrive in Klarna’s fast moving environment
- Optimism, being a source of can-do optimism will be crucial for the whole undertaking and the teams you will be collaborating
- Passion about building data platforms and pipelines
- Develop and optimize a unified data landscape from architecture to development and Optimization in an distributed infrastructure
- Build, maintain and improve the availability of historical, real time and third parties data pipelines
- Continuously improve our ELT and ETL processes for the data lakes and data warehouses behind
- Provide Analysts, Product Managers and BI with complex, large scaled data storage from various data resources
- Knowledge and the desire to quickly acquire deep knowledge of the big data tool landscape
- Knowledge of Python or another commercial language used for data processing like Scala
You should have
- Relevant experience in scripting and programming using Python
- Expert knowledge of SQL and ideally some knowledge/understanding of NoSQL or Postgres
- Proven record in the creation, maintenance and improvement of ETL and ELT processes
- Experience with interfaces such as RESTful APIs or RSBScript
- A very strong technical as well as analytical background
- A proven record of working within distributed infrastructures and experience in Cloud technology
What you can expect from us
- A competent compensation package, based on your skill level
- 6 weeks of paid holidays
- A practically unlimited potential to develop and grow, both personally and professionally
- Amazing relocation package to Berlin, Germany
- Generous pension and insurance plans
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
Klarna is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
If it sounds good, go ahead and contact us! We are looking forward to hear from you!
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.