Senior Data Engineer - Python
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
If you enjoy moving, merging and transforming data by utilizing Data Warehousing and Data Lake methods at its best, as well coding with Python and building awesome visualizations to help the team to create actionable insights from data then this is your place to be.
The Customer Interaction Data Models soared ahead enabling several teams in Customer Service to improve their offering with greater accuracy, perfect quality and freshness enabling big decision taken with confidence by the customer service leadership team, resulting in a Machine Learning algorithm based on data we provide predicting the number of contacts they will have to handle with 99% accuracy.
What you'll get to do
- Conceive and implement Data pipelines in AWS
- Ensure data quality and consistency
- Collaborate with our Data Team to get access to new datasets, the most out of our existing ones, and ensure usability of data
- Consult with analysts and business users to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business
- Make sure we have access to all of our relevant KPIs
- Develop all necessary automated reports for teams to perform and be the go-to person for any data question
Some of the technologies you’ll get to work with
- AWS (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR)
- Visualization tools incl. Qlik Sense, Tableau
We also believe in contributing back to the open-source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- 5+ years of data engineering experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including Python and experience with Cloud technologies
- Great communication and problem-solving abilities across competences - Stakeholder management will be a big part of your day to day
- Working experience with data visualization tools including but not limited to Qlik Sense
- Working proficiency in English
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
What we can offer you
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our brand new English speaking offices in Berlin city center.
- Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in an RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships and discounted lunch through Smunch. We also support our working parents, so you don’t have to choose between work and family.
- Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.