Senior Business Analyst
Berlin, Germany /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for bold, dynamic and ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
A Business analyst uses analytical tools and know-how to collect and interpret operational, finance and risk data to drive strategic decision making, customisation/optimisation and control that is actionable
The focus for a Business analyst is to be proactive and to be a decision maker within Klarna with the following responsibilities.
- Understand the market dynamics
- Understand the implications of pricing and underwriting
- Recommend ways to impress and come with actionable insights based on data
- Understand both the Merchant and Klarna’s business by leveraging internal and external data
- Come up with different scenarios to support negotiation strategies
- Monitor in order to find ways to optimize for both external parties and Klarna
- Managing multiple stakeholders and co-ordinating across teams
- Business planning, budgeting, forecasting and tracking of KPIs
- Profitability analyses, business cases and ad-hoc analyses on merchants, consumers, segments, products or competitors
- Understanding the regional risk policies and risk profile, be a key stakeholder in driving optimization and customization of specific policies
- Monthly follow-up of team / domain P&L, providing comments and insights
- Merchant pricing and analytical sales support
- Positive solution oriented mindset and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical skills set: ability to identify and isolate trends, and connect them to customer behavioral patterns, and business impacts
- Previous experience or interest in finance and business controlling
- Experienced in data extraction and manipulation of data in Excel/Google Sheets
- Basic SQL experience strongly preferred, with willingness to further develop the skill
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
Due to a high volume of candidates, we will experience a longer response time until we start interviewing.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.