Senior Software Engineer - Java
We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. Klarna was founded on a bold belief: that people are capable of achieving the extraordinary, even when faced with the seemingly impossible. Our journey has been one of continuous learning, facing immense challenges head-on, dedicating countless hours of hard work, and never wavering in our commitment or resilience - and now we are looking for individuals to join us on our journey and contribute to our mission.
What you’ll get to do:
- Own your services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Take ownership on system design, collaborate with domain architects, own end-to-end problems, manage stakeholder communication, and mentor junior engineers
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you.
- You will be the interface between business / customer using your product knowledge to make informed decisions.
- Take responsibility for end-to-end feature work; through planning, development, deployment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Drive knowledge sharing through demos, presentations and tutorials.
Some of the technologies you will get to work with:
- Java (latest versions)
- Spring and Spring Boot and potentially other modules
- Other technologies include: Docker and Kubernetes, Kafka/SNS/SQS, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch/ELK stack, Microservice architecture at scale on AWS*
* Even if you are not proficient in all of them, you should be open to learning and working with any of these technologies as the choices available may change over time.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- Software development experience
- Experienced working with modern frameworks
- Strong problem solving ability
- Growth mindset and bias for action
- Good communication skills in English
We understand some people might not feel they tick every box (ie coming from a non JS background). But if you're excited about the prospect of joining Klarna and believe you can add value, we'd still love to hear from you.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
About Engineering at Klarna
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focusing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring, and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Check out what it's like to be an engineer at Klarna here.