Senior Solutions Engineer - New York
New York, United States /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
What you will do
As a Solution Engineer you are responsible for defining Klarna product solutions for our biggest merchants and partners based on their needs. You work closely with the sales team to provide technical product knowledge and support during the sales process.
You are a trusted advisor for both internal and external stakeholders and own all of the technical aspects of the pre-sales process as well as delivery of solution proposals to clients. This includes leading product demos and presentations, providing technical input into customer proposals and translating product and business requirements into innovative solutions. When a customized solution requires development, the Solution Engineer will be the one to define the needs of the client, architect the solution together with the client, and lead the realization effort.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results!
- At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.If we called your references, they would confirm that you are able to master new technologies in a short time frame.
You should have
- Minimum 3 years experience in working with and/or implementing web technologies
- Experience leading pre-sales discussions
- Outstanding problem solving ability, eagerness to learn and curiosity
- Adaptable attitude and personality that is ready for continuous change
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- This role will involve about 50% of travel
You might also have
- 5+ years of relevant work client-facing experience with web technologies, including payments and/or e-commerce
- Experience with current ecomm plaforms or content management systems
- Some sales or account management experience.
You will succeed if you are
- Proud of the way you can communicate complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences of senior stakeholders
- Not only good at the tech stuff but can easily present your solutions together with the responsible Account manager to the client
- Enjoy working at a high pace while remaining detail oriented
- Thrive in an environment where you get the opportunity to use your quick and creative mind
- Fuel your success is your enthusiasm and drive, which will help you and your team to deliver great solutions
- Humble and committed person with a desire to always exceed expectations
We value open source, here’s some of our work -https://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile and let's arrange a chat!
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities.