Senior Analyst Corporate Communications
Stockholm, Sweden /
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Analytics is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Analytics teams to satisfy the company’s ever-increasing need for complex problem solving and data-driven decision making.
We are looking for an experienced analyst with excellent business acumen, who is not
only keen on getting a profound understanding of Klarnas products and business model
but also the external context in which we operate. An analyst that thrives when digging
into large data sets, external reports, and media coverage to identify trends, issues, and
solutions together with the rest of the corporate communications team. The knowledge
you apply will further strengthen Klarna’s position in relation to our multifaceted
Who you are
We are looking for ambitious people with significant drive! We need problem solvers, initiative takers, people that see opportunities and potential to improve. You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level - thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to deliver and grow as an individual. At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent in doing so.
What you will do
Analytics is at the heart of Klarna’s success. An analyst at Klarna provides analytical and business expertise to ensure that we deliver value to customers, Klarna and our investors. You will be acting as a bridge between the models, operations, products and business decisions and expected to know how to build strategies by connecting them. Think of an analyst at Klarna as a "Swiss army knife".
Klarna is a data driven company where decisions are based on facts and not opinions. Analytics is integrated in the organisation and a key function in many different areas - some examples include credit risk, finance, fraud, HR, product development and sales. Even if Analytics is applied in many different areas there are some things that all analysts have in common: a strong drive combined with analytical skills and a great team spirit!
As your career develops you will develop expertise in certain areas. However, there are a number of core skills shared by all analysts at Klarna. Klarnauts in the Analytics Competence have the ability to apply the following approach:
- Analyse data from internal and external sources to generate insights about consumer behaviour and external trends to create a better understanding about current context (media, politics, opinion, e-commerce, consumers, etc) relevant to Klarna’s role in society.
- Work proactively together with the communications team on specific projects to add insights that amplify our messaging.
- Work reactively together with the communications team to supply media with relevant data and statistics.
- Create material for the management team and the Klarna board.
You should have
- Applicable work experience in analytics and statistics.
- Analytical mindset, willingness, and capacity to learn new things.
- An understanding of how to perform data extraction.
- Be able to create structure in disordered information/data.
- Good knowledge of SQL and some knowledge of Python.
- Experience working with QlikSense or similar Data Analytics Platform.
- Ability to identify and isolate trends, and find drivers behind them. The ability to generate and communicate insights based on your analysis.
- Understanding of e-commerce and fintech market and trends is a plus.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Passionate about this opportunity and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- Proactive and hands-on by nature and motivated by coming up with new thinking
- That adds value and innovation to the work we do.
- Very organised and can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to
- Proactively prioritise, manage and complete multiple projects within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
- You are confident to be an independent player while also enjoying being part of a team.
- Positive, go-getter attitude with an ‘always on’ mindset.
- Attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving.
- Exceptional analytical thinking abilities and a problem-solving mindset.
- Passionate not only about Klarna’s products but also the bigger picture, how Klarna disrupts banking and shopping and the effects.
You might also have
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving.
- Significant drive and ambition.
- Strong conceptual ability.
- Preferably an understanding for how to perform data extraction and manipulation, as well as programming languages is a plus (SQL, R, Python, MatLab, Java, C# etc…)
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.