Senior Credit Risk Manager
New York, United States /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
We’re looking for an ambitious Senior Credit Risk Manager to lead our New York analytics team and help drive Klarna’s US point of sale credit strategy for our Pay in 4 and Financing products. This is a key role and will play a critical part in Klarna’s success. The role is an excellent fit for someone with an entrepreneurial attitude and a preference towards ownership, building, and action.
What you'll do:
- Define, build, and optimize the credit strategy for Klarna’s Pay Later, Pay in Four, and Financing products in the US
- Lead cross functional initiatives in model building, data acquisition, risk variable creation, and setting / prioritize the US credit risk team roadmap
- Be the accountable lead for a group of experienced analysts and be responsible for their performance and growth at Klarna
- Be the bridge between US Credit Risk and Klarna HQ in Stockholm and Berlin by working in a highly cross functional environment with leaders from product management, data science, and engineering
- Manage Klarna’s US loan book by participating in monthly risk committees, presenting to the senior leadership / CXO team, continuously reporting and analyzing book performance, and having ownership over loss curves
What we're looking for:
- 5-10 years in credit risk strategy: preferably in consumer lending and with experience in financial technology. Experienced in PD modelling, line strategy setting, and building effective rules to separate risk.
- Experienced manager of high performance team: demonstrated experience of 2+ years leading a team of analysts
- Experience in working with credit bureaus and data furnishers: obtaining variables, parsing data, performing retrospective analysis, building models
- Strong quantitative skill set: expert ability in SQL, experience building models and performing analysis in Python / R
- Best practice knowledge in credit risk: strong understanding of the full lifecycle from origination to debt collection -- participated in envisioning and building credit policies from scratch
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 18 different markets, hosted by +3000 people from 90 nationalities.