Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
What you will do
As a Systems Architect you will be part of the central architecture team responsible for creating and driving the architectural roadmap and guidelines for the organization. You will also work hands-on with the architectural solutions for high-priority and company-wide initiatives, working closely with the business side as well as the development teams and domain architects.
- Drive architectural design for larger initiatives that characterize themselves with significant complexity;
- Have a deep understanding of our business and translate strategy to architecture;
- Participate in the central architecture team to set the architectural direction;
- Ensure initiatives are adhering to strategic architecture guidelines.
You should have
- Hands-on experience from building and maintaining real-time, transaction-heavy systems;
- Deep understanding of systems architecture and the ability to apply this to dynamic business needs;
- Have a pragmatic and responsible approach to time to market needs versus long-term sustainability;
- Understanding and experience with web services and API design;
- Experience communicating complex and highly technical information to executives;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
You might also have
- Experience from the Banking sector;
- Experience from Payments processing;
- Experience working with a microservices architecture;
- Hands-on experience with creating and maintaining company-wide data models;
- Experience with large-scale systems running on AWS or other comparable cloud provider;
- Experience with managing the balance between autonomous development teams and alignment across the organization.
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
Aren’t you based in Stockholm? We will help you! We offer relocation support if you need it.
How to apply
Send your CV in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.