Who we are
Klarna is one of Europe's fastest growing and most exciting financial technologies (FinTech) company valued at over $2.5bn and we’re growing by 40% a year. Here at Klarna we are striving to become the world’s favourite way to buy. It is a bold objective, but we are well on course to achieving it.
Klarna is already operating in 18 markets and we plan to keep expanding. We serve 60 million consumers, work with 70 000 merchants and process more than a million transactions a day. We have some pretty heavy-weight investors including Visa, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Anders Povlsen.
Unicorns are rare - and we are one of them! Unicorns are tech startups valued at over 1$Bn. Moreover, Klarna is listed 8th on CNBC most ‘disruptive companies in the world’ list for 2016, alongside Uber, AirBnB and coming above companies like Snapchat and Spotify - we are really starting to change the global world of payments.
What you will do
As a Systems Architect you will be part of the central architecture team responsible for creating and driving the architectural roadmap and guidelines for the organization. You will also work hands-on with the architectural solutions for high-priority and company-wide initiatives, working closely with the business side as well as the development teams and domain architects.
- Drive architectural design for larger initiatives that characterize themselves with significant complexity;
- Have a deep understanding of our business and translate strategy to architecture;
- Participate in the central architecture team to set the architectural direction;
- Ensure initiatives are adhering to strategic architecture guidelines.
You should have
- Hands-on experience from building and maintaining real-time, transaction-heavy systems;
- Deep understanding of systems architecture and the ability to apply this to dynamic business needs;
- Have a pragmatic and responsible approach to time to market needs versus long-term sustainability;
- Understanding and experience with web services and API design;
- Experience communicating complex and highly technical information to executives;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
You might also have
- Experience from the Banking sector;
- Experience from Payments processing;
- Experience working with a microservices architecture;
- Hands-on experience with creating and maintaining company-wide data models;
- Experience with large-scale systems running on AWS or other comparable cloud provider;
- Experience with managing the balance between autonomous development teams and alignment across the organization.
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look. Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
Aren’t you based in Stockholm? We will help you! We offer relocation support if you need it.
How to apply
Send your CV in English.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all different backgrounds and experiences. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.