IT Operations - System Engineer
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Klarna is growing faster than ever
Our services needs to continuously evolve to meet the expectations that our customers set for the Klarna group.
In order to enable even more growth while increasing reliability and availability on those services we are now in need of more passionate system engineers. We are looking for two engineers to join our Core Platform team out of Stockholm, Sweden.
Our mission is to protect, provide for, and progress the software and systems behind all of Klarna services.
Get in touch with us if you see something or many things you would enjoy from below.
- Be action-biased, you see it you own it. Customer focused.
- Automating repetitive and monotonous, boring tasks using your favourite version of Python.
- Measuring everything a system does or doesn't do.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting a wide range of hardware and software systems. Using monitoring and logging tools including Datadog, Splunk and similar.
- Responding to alerts and handling incidents of differing severities.
- Digging into linux based operating systems. Service lifecycle management (deployment, operations and decommission).
- Being a member of a geeky team and be proud of it. Participating in on-call duty rotation schedule on perfect weeks.
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then, we’ve changed the banking industry forever. And now we’re creating the world’s smooothest shopping experience. We serve 80 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 190,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world’s leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by +2,500 people from 90 nationalities.