Financial Accountant (m/f/d)
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Accounting at Klarna is divided into several teams with their unique responsibilities. However, there is of course one thing in common for all of them - they consist of highly driven people with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit! In particular, the teams strive for leading-edge financial reporting, using state-of-the art tech.
As part of an Accounting team you will:
- Take responsibility for accounting and reporting of relevant business transactions
- Reconcile G/L systems to the underlying sources and develop methods and tools to provide analytical insight
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing the accounting treatmentas well as economic consequences of trends, assessing their impact and proposing solutions/optimisations
- Support wider business objectives by providing analytical expertise on new products and system developments and collaborate closely with other teams where relevant
- Analyse existing and upcoming financial regulation on the accounting impact and business implications
- Contribute to the financial reporting process (monthly, quarterly, yearly), both on local GAAP level as well as in IFRS for the group
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
Who you are:
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have:
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Economics or Business Administration) or comparable professional education as tax accountant or financial accountant
- Applicable work experience, preferably in the financial industry
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written German and English.
You might also have:
- Strong attention to detail and experience in using structured approaches to problem solving
- Significant drive and ambition
- Strong conceptual ability
- Hands-on experience in Accounting software, such as DATEV, SAP, Cognos Controller
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
Berlin or Munich
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.