UX Researcher - Stockholm / Berlin
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2500 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 130,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We're growing at 40% every year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
Where will you work?
We are currently looking for researchers in both Stockholm and Berlin!
What you will do
User Experience Researchers work to drive product development and design based on user needs. As a UX Researcher in Klarna, you are the go-to person for all research questions in the product area, and will have the unique opportunity to raise awareness on customer needs in Klarna and fully integrate UX research in the development process of all Klarna products.
What that means
- Proactively drive user centric design in any products or services we build for our customers.
- Build up research infrastructure for the respective domain or team, and organize user research with customers in different markets to validate and to get insights on new concepts and ideas.
- Be the go-to person for the domain for questions and advice on research approaches, methods, customer understanding, and how to translate research insights into product.
- Conduct, analyse, document, and act upon research studies together with product managers, data analysts, and designers.
- Play an active role in product design.
- Leverage the existing knowledge about our customers to foster empathy, create real customer understanding, and guide development in the domain
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about understanding your customer and building that into products and services that you work with.
- Self driven with effective organisational, interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- A degree in either Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Data Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 2-3 years of work experience in an applied research setting.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- We see it as a plus if you bring in e-commerce or financial experience, and if you master the local language well enough to conduct user studies in it.
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.